Re: switching to g-c-c shell? [Was: Re: Control center and capplet merging]

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 03:31:58PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 19:37 +0200, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> > Some may think that it could encourage people to add more capplets, but
> > that's already happening, in the last 2 releases we've added "Multimedia
> > systems selector", "Remote desktop" and "Removable drives and media", so
> > we should at least find a way for not punishing users because we don't
> > follow our own rules :)
>
> Right or we could just fix the problem - wait that would be INSANE ;-)
>
> If we can't get rid of at least "Multimedia systems selector" we sure do
> suck.

You could porbably put multimedia systems selector stuff as gconf
keys and enable it there.  The problem is that this stuff becomes
buried and for people who want to change it for whatever purpose
it becomes an egg hunt.

In these cases, it would be good to be able to find a way to get
access without too much trouble like a troubleshooter system that
tells you where to go if the default multimedia stuff doesn't work.
Taking a view of an undirected graph, all pieces of information
should connected.

My two cents.

sri