Re: Application/System Tools vs System/Administration

<quote who="Matthew Thomas">

> *   "Root Terminal" --> open a terminal and type "su" :-) (there could
>     even be a menu item for this in gnome-terminal itself)

Yeah, this is actually the worst of the lot - it runs gnome-terminal as
root, which is very silly. (I tried to kill it off in Ubuntu, but...)

- Jeff

--
OSCON 2005: August 1st-5th         http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2005/

    "Python amazes me for its concision. The current prototype is all of
       900 lines of code, yet it contains a lexer, parser (recursive
       descent), core language interpreter, and parallelizing process
                      spawner." - Raph Levien on Rebar