Re: eggcups (and libgnomecups) for 2.12

On 7/14/05, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 09:04 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
>
> > Also, Colin, does eggcups still depend on a patched cupsd? I'm not
> > sure if that should matter, but seems like it is relevant for testing,
> > etc.
>
> Thinking about this a bit on the drive in, I realized what you were
> probably driving at is the impact of having eggcups running without a
> patched cupsd.
>
> What will happen with the existing code right now is the user never sees
> the icon and it just takes up a small amount of memory.  I could pretty
> trivially change that so it removes itself from the session and exits.
> Thus GNOME users on non-patched cups systems would get a negligible
> check on first login and never thereafter.
>
> Does that answer the question?

You got it right the first time :) In theory, being part of GNOME
(among other things) means that the QA team has tested a component,
and it'll be very hard to do that if the requirement is to rebuild
cups as well :/

That said, you guys (RH) have been shipping eggcups for a while with
no serious issues, right?

Luis