Re: Certification for GNOME apps

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 16:04 -0400, Jonathan Blandford wrote:

> The HIG doesn't define widget behavior very well.

And nor is it supposed to... it's about informing the UI design
decisions that developers have to make, not describing stuff that the
toolkit should be doing for them.

To that end, the HIG assumes that gtk+ will be used (although admittedly
it doesn't actually say that anywhere), and if there's something we want
to recommend in the HIG that isn't easy to do, that's where we file our
bugs.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group