Re: the about-me capplet

Diego Gonzalez wrote:

>>- doesn't allow to change the user's full name
>>

>In debian i can't change the full name of the user (i need to be root to
>do so), show me a way to do it and i will have no problem implementing
>it.
>

>From /etc/login.defs on my Ubuntu box:

#
# Which fields may be changed by regular users using chfn - use
# any combination of letters "frwh" (full name, room number, work
# phone, home phone).  If not defined, no changes are allowed.
# For backward compatibility, "yes" = "rwh" and "no" = "frwh".
#
CHFN_RESTRICT           rwh

So this is more an issue of policy than differences between the code
being used by Debian and Fedora systems.

James.