Re: Gtk+ 2.8 for GNOME 2.12

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 14:42 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:

> > It seems, from a vendor point of view (I'm not a vendor), that we need
> > to make a real statement, without the "there is a slight chance that
> > we'll revert to 2.6".
>
> There's always a slight chance of reverting for all modules, though it's
> sometimes difficult. I was just restating that we do not have a feature-
> based release cycle.

	Right - we can always decide to ship an older release of a module if
the newer one is unshippable. I think we've only had to a handful of
times.

	That caveat always exists and the caveat isn't any more important here,
really. So, if people choose to ignore the caveat for other modules,
then they can ignore it for GTK+ 2.8 too.

	This is just our ass-protecting way of saying "Yes, GNOME 2.12 will
ship with GTK+ 2.8" :-)

Cheers,
Mark.