Re: make distcheck in tinderbox [was Re: make check failures- gnome-vfs, e-d-s, at-spi]

On 7/18/05, Rob Adams <readams readams net> wrote:
> Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>
> >One way to go about is to require all involved modules to have an
> >RPM .spec file, and jhbuild can be instructed to build and
> >install RPMs, but most probably this will not be accepted
> >practice in GNOME.  Or am I wrong?
> >

> This is not practical, especially with so many incompatible RPM
> distributions out there.  Plus the distros would just have to throw the
> spec files in the trash and use their own anyway.  Plus there's
> debian-based distributions.
>
> Ubuntu unstable has unstable gnome versions, incidentally, though
> they're not build nightly

True so far. :)

>  as that would be painful for everyone involved
> (imagine having to pull many megs of updates every day).

We did it before 2.0, and on a typical day had several thousand
downloads of the complete gnome stack every day. The resulting depth
and breadth of testing is something we've been missing ever since it
stopped.

Luis