Re: make distcheck in tinderbox [was Re: make check failures- gnome-vfs, e-d-s, at-spi]

Colin Walters wrote:

What's so difficult about jhbuild?  Couldn't we make just make it easier
(such as having jhbuild autodetect stuff in /usr and adjust
PKG_CONFIG_PATH)?
jhbuild is pretty damned difficult. Whenever I want to get a jhbuild going on a machine it invariably requires about a day of troubleshooting various problems, expecially on amd64. It requires installing like 5 different versions of automake. There's a point where you have to go into the installed version of a package and symlink a directory down to itself because of a problem with make install, then run the installer again. There's the perennial *win32*.h thing with libxslt where you get merge conflicts on every other update. And of course, often it doesn't build at all.

-Rob