Clearlooks and GNOME 2.12

Hi everyone,

Being one of the authors of Clearlooks, I think it would be a good
idea to let myself be heard :)

First I'd like to apologize for this new thread. I only just
subscribed to this mailinglist, so I can't reply to the previous
thread.

I'm very excited that Clearlooks will be part of GNOME 2.12. If
there's anything that needs to be done to make this really happen, I'd
be happy to do that.

As I understand it, there's a problem with regard to packaging.
Clearlooks is distributed in two separate packages: gtk-engines and
clearlooks (standalone), which causes some confusion.

Personally, I'd really prefer to keep distributing standalone
packages, since it allows me to do more frequent releases. However, in
this case I'm not so sure if we should keep including clearlooks with
gtk-engines as well, since both are part of the gnome release, iirc.
This is a really annoying issue, and I'm afraid that my solution is a
little selfish and annoying to the maintainers of gtk-engines. I'd
like to keep everyone happy, but I'm not sure how. If anyone has any
good idea's about this issue, I'd like to hear it :)

I'm not terribly aware of the release schedules and procedures of
GNOME. As I understand, a few weeks before the new release there will
be a feature freeze. How would this apply to Clearlooks?

Kind regards,
Richard Stellingwerff.