Re: eggcups (and libgnomecups) for 2.12

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 09:05 -0600, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:

> Well, as far as I am concerned the polling of the cups printers is a big
> pain. For example see bug 309277 . Rather than adding eggcups we should
> really _remove_ that polling from gnome-print.

As far as I can see from that bug the reporter is complaining about two
things:

1) Lots of entries in the CUPS access log: well, the default CUPS access
   log is verbose, simply tune it down.
2) The polling continuing after the print dialog has been closed: that's
   definitely a bug.  I can't seem to reproduce it here.

In any case these are bugs, not reasons to revert important end user
visible functionality.