Re: gtk performance testing [was Re: GNOME 2.11/2.12 targeting GTK+ 2.8 (ie cairo based)]

On 6/10/05, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> wrote:

> > > New third column is HEAD + glitz, with an x31's ATI card.
> >
> > Someone larted me on IRC and informed me that it is likely that glitz
> > wasn't actually being used. So take these with an even bigger grain of
> > salt than my last set. I would love to know how one can (1) know for
> > certain glitz is being used and/or (2) how to force glitz to be used
> > so that I can do a quickie hack to automate this.
>
> > > Total time: 253.31 565.94 647.60
>
> The question is: Why did you get different times then?

Very good question. I tried to kill anything particularly
CPU-consuming, and in all cases stopped using the machine during the
test, so I don't *think* that is a factor, but it could have been-
it's not like I was running this on a perfectly-controlled test box.
(Which I'd like to do, as part of the tinderboxing, whenever someone
gets me a box to tinder on  :)

Luis