Re: Some thoughts about window management

Mike, I know you've looked closely at solving this, just wondering what I'm missing...

Seems we could signal the app to show it's in-process menu at a given screen offset, with a given XID (the panel) as the parent, and avoid marshalling altogether?

-Alex

Mike Hearn wrote:

b) It's hard to implement because (unlike in Windows) menus are not shared
   between processes. So you'd need to define a marshalling format for
   menus and then teach GTK+ to marshal any given menu, and then teach
   the window managers what to do with it. Sounds like a lot of work and
   complexity for relatively little gain.