Potential showstopper?

Just as I was testing the Simple theme earlier with gnome-themes 2.9.92 on Arch Linux, the following happens, on Firefox/Thunderbird/Mozilla only:
http://www.gnomefiles.org/shots/bug1.png
I removed the code snippet Callum added a few months ago, but the problem is still there (it seems to be a genuine Simple bug?). I am using GTK/glib 2.6.3 btw.

I was able to reproduce the bug on two of my Arch Linux laptops. If you can too, on your distros with the same library versions, this seems like a showstopper to me.

regards,
Eugenia