Re: vte [was Re: houston, we have a problem- 2.10 showstoppers]

Kjartan Maraas wrote:

This change has been in Fedora for months already and I think having a
consistent release out there is more important than avoiding this
somewhat obscure crash when resizing the window in minicom. If we have
different codebases out there we end up with nothing getting fixed since
it doesn't affect all users and then someone blames distro patches (and
seemingly correctly in this case), but we get no traction on fixing
stuff upstream.

If it basically only affects minicom then I tend to agree that the benefits will be greater than the drawbacks for the vast majority. I was just worried that the assertion could be triggered for any other application. And since if one terminal goes down, all go down, that would be pretty bad.

/Richard

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/