For the love of God, stop slaughtering poor innocent puppies

Hi Sergey,
	Okay, so I'm being dramatic. You haven't been killing puppies. I
apologize :-)

	I could nearly forgive a little puppy killing, though, but I just
cannot forgive this:

[markmc blaa libgswitchit]$ head -2 Makefile.am
INCLUDES =                                              \
        -Wall -Werror -I$(top_srcdir)                   \

	Nooooooooooooo .... :-)

	Now, I use -Werror too, its very useful. But its a developers tool, not
something to foist on every poor fool who's not building on the same
platform or with the same compiler as you.

	So, my recommendation is to use the GNOME_COMPILE_WARNINGS autoconf
macro, add $(WARN_CFLAGS) to Makefile.am and use
--enable-compile-warnings=error when you're building. Non-developers get
to use the default --enable-compile-warnings=yes.

Cheers,
Mark.

P.S. - if you're curious why its a problem for me ... we're mass
       rebuilding Fedora with gcc4 at the moment. New types of warnings
       being spewed all over the place. Hence, -Werror == pain:

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
gnome-startup.c: In function 'gnome_startup_acquire_token':
gnome-startup.c:32: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 7 of 'XChangeProperty' differ in signedness
gnome-startup.c:43: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strlen' differ in signedness
gnome-startup.c:43: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strlen' differ in signedness
gnome-startup.c:43: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of '__builtin_strcmp' differ in signedness
gnome-startup.c:43: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strlen' differ in signedness
gnome-startup.c:43: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of '__builtin_strcmp' differ in signedness
gnome-startup.c:43: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of '__builtin_strcmp' differ in signedness
gnome-startup.c:43: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of '__builtin_strcmp' differ in signedness
gnome-startup.c:43: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strncmp' differ in signedness