Re: roadmap status update/update request

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 08:23, Luis Villa wrote:
> As some of you have seen in my blog, I updated the roadmap page in the wiki:
>
> http://live.gnome.org/RoadMap
>
> to reflect goals from earlier releases that are unfinished, and to
> reflect what I know of plans for the 2.10++ release.

I don't think our current development process incorporates enough
feedback from people. We just tend to amble on, doing our own thing.

I'd like to see us add some feedback gathering element to the release
cycle. e.g. to find out the top 10 most wanted features/fixes/apps from
users/sysadmins/developers, and to do our best to fix them in the next
cycle or two. (A bit like the unresourced section on the RoadMap, but
more open, and more focused on real world problems.)

Obviously we can't always do everything people want, but it would be
nice to show that we are listening to people.

Damon