Evolution Maintainership

This mail is to announce a change in Evolution maintainership.

My job inside Novell is changing, and I am moving on to work more on
the desktop itself -- on GNOME proper.  It's a chance for me
to help improve the basic desktop experience in GNOME, and though I
have enjoyed my years on Evolution, it will be nice to work
on the desktop itself again.  I will be taking several "veteran"
Evolution developers with me.  We have worked long and hard on
Evolution these last 4-5 years, and we'll miss it, but great things
await us on the desktop.

Given that maintainership of Evolution is such a large job and I
couldn't continue to do it in my new role, I'm passing the mantle to
Harish Krishnaswamy ('harish').  Harish is a smart and personable guy,
and has been one of the best and most passionate hackers we've had on
Evolution.  Besides his work on Evolution the last 18 months, he is
one of the founding members of GNOME Bangalore (gnomebangalore.org),
and has traveled throughout India promoting GNOME and free software
through hackfests, CD giveaways, and mentoring.

If you haven't met Harish yet, you should come to his EPlugin talk at
GUADEC this year.

This maintainership change is effective immediately for work in HEAD
(in fact Harish did the first 2.3 release :-), and in a few short
weeks for the stable gnome-2-10/2.2 branch.

Its been a great few years on Evolution, and we appreciate and thank
everyone who has made this such a fun project to be a part of.  There
has been a recent uptick in developer interest in Evolution, which I am
sure will continue under Harish's stewardship.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
Novell, Inc.