Re: Enable accessibility by default in development releases?

On 11/11/05, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> > FWIW, it effectively disables the reduced resources mode in metacity
> > (except that the minimization animation remains off) which would
> > result in part of Metacity being untested.
>
> Is there any reason for this behavior?

It was done before I got involved with Metacity.  You'd have to ask
Bill, Havoc, or Rob, or maybe all three and hope that they all
remember enough pieces to get the whole answer.  I don't use
reduced_resources (except when trying to duplicate bugs and fix some
of them) and I don't use accessibility (with similar rare
exceptions...), so I really don't know.