Re: First weekly status report on GNOME Dictionary

Hi,

On 11/11/05, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
> In order to let others know how's the status of GNOME Dictionary
> Breaking is progressing (and in order to force myself hacking on it
> regularly ;-)), I'm sending the
>
>         Not So Weekly Status Report on GNOME Dictionary
>
> Containing the status of the review-slash-breaking-slash-rewrite process
> of the GNOME Dictionary application and applet.  Okay, it won't be
> weekly, and I could simply use my blog (see signature and link on
> Vincent's own blog) instead of email; nevertheless, having someone to
> report to makes room for public discussion, and since I'm breaking
> (mostly) working stuff better be sure that some discussion actually
> happens at all.

Sounds like awesome work.  I don't want to be discouraging, but please
consider that desktop-devel-list is better reserved for discussion
that crosses multiple modules than for discussing all aspects of
individual modules.  There are exceptions (e.g. branching
notification, since it affects i18n, bugsquad, and possibly
documentation and other groups), and not everyone totally agrees on
this rule, but this does appear to be the kind of thing that appears
contained to a single module and perhaps would be better discussed
elsewhere.  Blogging about it and/or gnome-utils-list would be
awesome.

Thanks for understanding.  I look forward to seeing a much improved
dictionary applet.  ;-)

Cheers,
Elijah