Re: Get the applications notified when session is closing

On Sa, 2005-11-19 at 23:46 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 11:56 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> > I don't know why it isn't used. Perhaps someone else can shine some
> > light on the reason.
>
> Apps are just sucking. Should file a bug vs. the apps that don't ask you
> to save... though it's admittedly overcomplex for apps to do it
> correctly at the moment. Maybe if we can find even one app that does it
> people can copy that one :-P

I wonder whether anybody is working on getting session management into
GTK+, or at least out of libgnomeui. The latter currently depends on
CORBA, which is unbearable. Decoupling libbonoboui and libgnomeui
doesn't seems to be possible since libgnomeui explicitly uses bonobo
data types and semantics for GnomeApp, though.

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>