Re: the big jump forward

I've been testing this for a while on my machine.  I had to compile from
source because the rpm package dependes on glibc 2.4 and FC4 comes with
glibc 2.3.5.

The latest updates installed on my system are from September 20.

So far everything is working ok without any visible changes, yesterday I
had a "busy" day and I was running GEdit, FireFox, Evolution, Rhythmbox,
gnome-terminal, nautilus, gkrellm, abiword.

Memory wise I didn't see any difference either, gnome-system-monitor
showed a slightly bigger memory consumption for every program.  May be
the savings should be seen in the long run.

The only strange behavior I saw was that xfs took a bit longer to start
during boot, that's all.

-William

El lun, 26-09-2005 a las 23:51 -0400, Matthias Clasen escribió:
> fontconfig does not depend on much beyond freetype and expat, thus it
> should be easy to compile 2.3.90 on an FC4 system. I have put totally
> unofficial and untested rpms at http://people.redhat.com/fontconfig
> They have been built against rawhide, but they will probably work on
> FC4 as well.
>
> Matthias

Correo Yahoo!
Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y antispam �gratis!
Reg�rate ya - http://correo.yahoo.com.mx/