Re: MOTD implementation in gnome-session

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 06:43:26PM +0200, Markus Jonsson wrote:
> What about when the system shuts down? Can I be informed about that? Can
> I be alerted and logged out in a nice way when someone else runs
> shutdown -h on the system?

If you're in this situation it's most likely not going to be at home and that a sysadmin is going to be doing the reboot.  In which case, I would hope he
would be using whatever communication method he has (like mail) to say
he wants to reboot the box.

Or alternatively,

"Some dork is trying to reboot the system, click if you agree it's okay to reboot?"

Now how much trouble would that cause? :-)

sri