Re: New way to change volume

I thought we had this..?

I rarely if ever touch the pcm control - I only use the volume applet
if I need to adjust my volume levels quickly up or down.  The volume
applet controls the master volume.

Say, I have rhythmbox and totem running, I can adjust the volume
coming out of rhythmbox via its builtin volume control - this doesn't
affect the pcm setting, only rhythmbox output. Same goes for totem -
so I don't see your point, except maybe that you want to add these
app-specific adjusters to the mixer?

I think we already saw alot of cleanup of that dialog. The less is in
there, the better, imho - and with every app doing its own volume
levels, there's absolutely no need either ;)

bah, bedtime