Re: control-center - some input for Common Plan

Ahh - my mistake. Put it down to too much fun at the summit.

I was thinking of gnome-system-tools and had naively assumed the control center was working in the same way :(

JR

Jeff Waugh wrote:
<quote who="John Rice">

3. Front End: my understanding of the current control center applets are
that they have a front end and back end architecture communicating via
XML. Would be great if we could support Python based front ends as well.

That's true for the gnome-system-tools, but not for control-center. jrb has
been open to Python-based control-center dialogues for ages, but no one has
ever proposed/submitted one. :-)

With regards to Python as a front end for gnome-system-tools, Carlos has a
'liboobs' library (unfinished?) which would benefit from lots of bindings.

- Jeff