Re: Unify metacity and libwnck menu icons as named icons

It would also be great if applications icons (used by tasklist, window selector and metacity) can be coherent with the icon theme.

IMHO it's not that nice to launch an application with it's launcher icon and look at a totally different icon on the tasklist.

Also sometimes applications launch notification picks up the right icon (the icon theme one) and other times a small window icon.

Ciao
Michele

Luca Ferretti wrote:
This is my trouble: I'm trying to port HighContrast icon theme to SVG,
providing those icons as named icon. See theme-list for details.

Currently Metacity provides its own stock icons

        #define METACITY_STOCK_DELETE   "metacity-delete"
        #define METACITY_STOCK_MINIMIZE "metacity-minimize"
        #define METACITY_STOCK_MAXIMIZE "metacity-maximize"
<from metacity/src/menu.h> and libwnck too

        #define WNCK_STOCK_DELETE "wnck-stock-delete"
        #define WNCK_STOCK_MAXIMIZE "wnck-stock-maximize"
        #define WNCK_STOCK_MINIMIZE "wnck-stock-minimize"
<from libwnck/libwnck/xutils.h> So we have 2 definitions for the same 'feature' and both are defining
stock icons. I.e. you have to use gtkrc if you want to change those
icons.

My blue-sky is
      * icons are defined in libwnck and used in metacity
      * icons are themable via icon theme spec, not gtkrc

There are still no open bugs on bugzilla (I suppose one for libwnck and
one for metacity. One for gnome-icon-theme asking to include pixmaps
too? ) but I like to know if someone if available to work on it in
2.13/14 timeframe.

Cheers, Luca.