Re: Python applets [Was: Gnome 2.14 Module Proposal: Deskbar Applet]

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 07:24 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:

> That's not a problem for me, but what about other bindings? It feels a
> bit weird integrating python bindings in the panel and leave all other
> bindings live somewhere else...

I figure that a general policy would be that languages that are required
to run a desktop component can get their bindings ported in (assuming
they're not part of platform, and their bindings don't already form an
excellent package). For the moment that means Python's libpanel-applet
binding. If we want to go for other applets in other languages, we can
port those later.

> Also, I don't think libpanel-applet is the platform. So integrating the
> bindings for it in an official binding like gnome-python is somewhat
> weird since the binding would be API-frozen while libpanel-applet would
> not (I don't think we want to break the API, though).

Right on.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA