Re: Moving to bonjour over howl

<quote who="Vincent Untz">

> > It would be very nice to use the same implementation as KDE, otherwise
> > you end up with two implementation of Zeroconf on your system :(
>
> So, it seems some people want to use howl, some prefer bonjour and some
> other ones want avahi. Sounds like we'll need an abstraction to make
> everyone happy...

No, let's not go down the abstraction path [1] when this is a very simple,
straightforward policy decision. It's APSL2 and code that is out of the
community's control versus sane licensing and the delightful Avahi project.

- Jeff

[1] At least for competing dns-sd implementations - there are other good
reasons for abstraction here.

--
UbuntuBelowZero in Montreal!          http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBelowZero

   "Stupidity is used to run 98% of the world's corporations, which tops
              UNIX server usage by quite a bit." - George Lebl