Re: Moving to *Avahi* over howl

On Tue, 20.09.05 11:48, Alexander Larsson (alexl redhat com) wrote:

> Adding a new library for something like this does cause a form of bloat,
> both in build complexity and the need to load/link more libraries.
> Adding it to an existing library is complex since that would add more
> dependencies to that library which isn't always very nice.
>
> Who would design and write it? Who would maintain it?

I think Davyd is already working on it and is going to maintain it too.

> My guess is that the best people to do this are the people writing
> Avahi, but I doubt they are interested in doing this work (as its really
> just a way to not use their Avahi APIs). Maybe we can get someone else
> to write and maintain it, but its not like we have an infinite supply of
> people to do duplicate work.

Right. We, the Avahi developers, will certainly not maintain it, since
we have not much interest in HOWL/Rendezvous.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] de
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.de/lennart/