Top menubar for applications

I know this has been discussed (flamewars actually) many times, but for those of us who prefer the MacOS behaviour it would be very nice if this was included at least as an option, or as a hidden gconf option, or maybe even just a patch. Unfortunately I'm not able to hack this myself (yet! I'm learning), so I was wondering why it hasn't been done yet: is it because it's too hard with gtk+ or it's just that someone hasn't stepped up yet.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this. :)

ps: if you're interested in more details about what this is please read http://home.earthlink.net/~johnrpenner/Articles/SingleMenubar.html

MSN Messenger: converse online com seus amigos . http://messenger.msn.com.br