Re: Notification icons hell (was Re: [gpm] Re: Gnome 2.16 Module Proposal: GNOME Power Manager)

Rodney Dawes wrote:
On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 08:37 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
 + the gossip icon. It just sits there, while I have no message. It
   should be an applet.

Making it an applet doesn't solve the problem. It's still the same icon
sitting on your panel, taking up space, doing absolutely nothing for
you. In fact, making it an applet would be a regression, as it would no
longer work under other desktops as well.

But it would allow me to put the icon wherever I want to put it, and not in the notification area.