Re: Notification icons hell (was Re: [gpm] Re: Gnome 2.16 Module Proposal: GNOME Power Manager)

> You missed my second point. If the icon is the application, then we
> should provide an easy way for the application to use an applet
> instead of the notification area.

Sort of like "minimize to applet" or something?  That's not going to
work well until applets and application use the same main loop.  We
really need to move towards merging those together so we can do
a lot more interesting things with the desktop.

sri