Re: Gnome is a problem for OEMs

On Maw, 2006-04-11 at 17:08 +0100, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> I've spent all afternoon trying to figure out how I, as an OEM, can
> configure Gnome before giving it to a user. I just want to change some
> icons on the panel and maybe a menu entry.

Its an absolute undocumented mess and has been for years. Its one thing
that has many organisations using KDE. The sad thing however though is
the core technology for all this in Gnome is really really good, the
tools just suck a lot and the docs are worse.

gconftool-2 --dump /

is the starting point. You can also import trees or subtrees of the
data.