Re: (temporary) RETURN OF TINDERBOX MAN

Rodney Dawes wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 10:52 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
>
>> http://jhbuild.bxlug.be/builds/2006-04-16-0002/logs/gnome-icon-theme/#install
>>
>> A bit of googling turned up the culprit here, but it would be nice if
>> the non-installation of icon-naming-utils caused a more interpretable
>> error condition than this. Remember, we want to make it easy for
>> people to build this stuff reliably. More like this coming soon, I'm
>> sure ;)
>>

> If it's not installed, then configure should fail. The problem is that
> the XML parser backend on this particular machine, apparently requires
> that the DTD be in the same directory as the XML, if the DTD is
> specified in the XML as being SYSTEM. I am not sure why it is requiring
> this behavior to work properly.
>
> I guess I'll have to install the file in a silly place to work around
> broken XML parsers.

It isn't a broken XML parser -- it is a validating XML parser.  If you
use a relative URI for a SYSTEM doctype, it is looked up relative to the
XML document.  You can fix this in one of a number of ways:

    * put the DTD in the location referenced by the XML document.
    * use an absolute URI for the system doctype.
    * use a PUBLIC doctype, and make sure the location of the DTD is
      registered in the XML catalogue.

James.