Re: Gnome 2 infinity and beyond [was Re: Tango and 2.16]

At conferences and LUGs, the marketing message is always about the 6
month release and the idea of just putting off features until the next
version, but what if we combined the two ideas?  Have a release every
6 months as we have been, but plan a set of features for 3.0 and when
we hit that set of features, we change the numbering.  Say we pick a
set of features and in 2008 2.21 happens to match that set of
features.  Instead of going to 2.22, we go to 3.0.  Nice and easy.

Then we pick a set of features for 4.0 and so forth.

What do y'all think?

  Chris