Re: Latest documenation

Murray Cumming wrote:
On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 16:33 -0600, Brent Smith wrote:

Latest documentation is now at http://www.gnome.org/learn/

PDFs are a minor version behind the html versions, which is something I
hope to fix soon.

THANK YOU.

Is there a page on the wiki somewhere saying how you did this, and
recommending how to do it regularly before each major GNOME release?

Murray,

   No, but I can make one.  The stylesheets are located in CVS module
gnomeweb-wml/docbook_html_style/ and were used to create the html from
the docs in gnome CVS module gnome-user-docs.  I tar'd up the results
and put them in my home dir on master.gnome.org and Olav put them in the
proper location on the server (I couldn't do this as it requires the gnomeweb-wml user group, I need to request this). Then I changed the
contents of the index.wml and added the archived.wml files in
gnomeweb-wml/www.gnome.org/learn/.

Where would the most appropriate place to make this be on the wiki?

Here's the instructions from Olav:
---
Note that the docs (not index.html/wml) itself must be updated on the
server (the final html/pdf files are not in CVS). There doesn't seem
to be script for it. Updating on the server can be done by anyone with
access to the gnomeweb group (me, Elijah, not sure who else..).

Sudo to gnomeweb. Then go to /usr/local/www/gnomeweb-wml.learn. Do an
ls in that directory. The rest is easy (copy stuff there, extract,
etc).

To add another doc the server admins need to add an Alias for that
directory in /etc/httpd/sites.d/00_gnome.org.conf (so that
www.gnome.org/learn/new-doc will look in
/usr/local/www/gnomeweb-wml.learn/new-doc). Needed because the
index.html is still handled by the wml, so the entire /learn/ cannot
just be aliased to /usr/local/www/gnomeweb-wml.learn

Regards,
Olav
---

Brent Smith <gnome nextreality net>