Re: Proposal for Alacarte in 2.16

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 09:51 -0500, Travis Watkins wrote:
> Alacarte[1] is a menu editor that makes it easy to completely
> customize your Applications and Desktop menus.
>
> Alacarte is written in Python and depends on pygtk 2.8 and gnome-menus
> 2.14 (with patch[2]).
>
> Ubuntu replaces gmenu-simple-editor with alacarte for the "Edit Menus"
> functionality

Not in Dapper PPC it doesn't :/  App looks quite good though... maybe we
should consider using it in JDS, as it would probably be quite easy to
patch it to make the "quickstart" bit at the top of our Launch menu more
easily user-editable.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group