Re: icon naming spec and gnome-vfs

> On 8/1/06, Jakub Steiner <jimmac novell com> wrote:
>
> > I always intended to draw the specific media icons, but I really hope to
> > see infrastructure for getting the generic fallback in place first so
> > that theming is actually a solution and not an excuse.
>
> But certainly thats not an excuse for ripping existing icons out of
> gnome-icon-theme, rather than just linking them to the right name ?

Nobody has made it an excuse. The icons didn't disappear. They were
symlinked to another icon. It's been that way for 8+ months. And not
a single person has complained or filed a bug on it, until now. I would
consider linking to the wrong icon to be a bug. However, it hasn't come
up in the past 8 months. Nobody is stating that it isn't a bug that the
flash icons are linked to the removable drive icon, rather than
harddisk, or a generic flash icon. So please rethink your complains when
you want to accuse people of "just ripping them out for no reason."