Re: Tomboy in Desktop

Jumping late into this discussion, but I just discovered an area where
tomboy really falls short of our standards for desktop integration, hotkeys.

Just like beagle-search, tomboy has its own private sucky way of
defining hotkeys, and goes way overboard with it.  I would propose
to only add a "Create new note" action to the keybinding capplet,
and dump the other keybindings. No app should be allowed to define a
global hotkey for bringing up its context menu...

Another issue I noticed is that the tomboy preferences dialog seems
to be run in a recursive mainloop - which leads to really confusing
behaviour when you are e.g. defining a hotkey for "start here" and try
it out before closing the preferences dialog. The "Start here" window
pops up and does not react to clicks...

Matthias