Re: GNOME user question

On 8 Aug 2006, at 14:32, Virden, Larry W. wrote:

Has anyone tried something similar to this and figured out what causes
the occasional pain? The only solution, when the incomplete environment
is encountered, is to get someone to reboot the original logged in
account and then to reboot the second machine.

If you don't get any useful answers here you might consider asking on one of the opensolaris.org forums, or on the Sun JDS forum[1]... the scenario you describe (although not your problem, AFAIK) is a pretty a common both within Sun and for its customers, and since all the folks on those forums will be running Solaris too, there's a fair chance you might find somebody who can help.

(I guess you're running GNOME 2.0, though? We removed that "multiple logins" alert again when we rebranded our desktop as JDS, because it was just unnecessarily alarming people...)

Cheeri,
Calum.

[1] http://swforum.sun.com/jive/forum.jspa?forumID=118

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team