Re: Proposal: NetworkManager for GNOME 2.18.

<quote who="Dan Williams">

> If it's a priority, it can certainly be done.

I don't think this is wildly important - it'll just increase maintainership
requirements for you unnecessarily.

What we do need, however, is some kind of co-operation between NM and the
GNOME System Tools or other network configuration tools. This may involve
replacing network-admin entirely (and have better fallbacks for non-Linux
systems or crappy wifi chipsets when using NM).

A stickier issue, I know, but if NM is to improve things, it must reduce
complexity, not add to it.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
Open CeBIT 2007: Sydney, Australia              http://www.opencebit.com.au/

     "It's all a blur of a bunch of people having battles on different
                 plants (sic)."- Mary Gardiner on Star Wars