Re: Moving spellcheckers into the Gtk+ stack

Andrew Sobala wrote:
Hang on, let's rewind here. Isn't what we want an application-specific way of deciding what language you want to spellcheck in, that defaults to the current locale, not a global desktop setting?

Then when you're writing a document in French, you can change your wordprocessor to French. The next time you open a document, or the next time you do anything else on the desktop that uses spellchecking, you default back to Your Native Language.

You usually use the same set of languages (global settings, for me French and English), then you sometimes use other ones for specific tasks or documents (app or doc-basis, for instance Dutch for me). Then an application like gedit could remember it with the document metadata so that next time you open your doc, you use the custom language instead of the global one...