Re: Replacing control center menus

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 11:51 -0500, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 15:26 +0100, �ienne Bersac wrote:
>
> > A menu longer that 10 entry is very painful. Often, Gnome properties
> > menu is about 20 entry when you install some additionnal softwares.
> > Gnome is the only desktop which keep using this outdated
> > "control-center". A control center is far more usable and accessible
> > (especially if it provide search).
>
> This also could mean that we have too many capplets.

I think this is definitely more of the root problem.  It seems very
inefficient to launch one application to then launch the application you
really want to use.  Except for the first time you are configuring the
desktop on a new install, how often are you in tweaking more than one
setting at a time?  The first time configuration problem should really
be handled by gnome providing an, export/import personal desktop
settings, utility.

Jon