Re: Replacing control center menus

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 12:57 -0500, Jon Nettleton wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 17:33 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
> > I do think using a shell window is easier than a menu, especially when
> > it has search and filter features. It is also likely to be more familiar
> > to users coming from other desktops.
> >
> But what is being used for the search functionality?  Beagle?

If you're referring to the control center/application browser shell we
shipped in SLED, it doesn't use Beagle for the search.  It keeps all the
desktop entries in memory and filters them down as the user types in the
search.

> Time to go buy a super-computer so I can change the sensitivity of my
> mouse :-)

You may want to try a newer version.  0.2.14, due out later this week,
has a lot of performance improvements.  It's always been our position
that if Beagle interferes with your normal system usage, it's a bug.  So
please use Bugzilla to let us know of any problems.

Thanks,
Joe