Re: script folders

2006/12/15, David Prieto <frandavid100 gmail com>:
I'd like to comment on an idea I read on Ubuntuforums: script folders.
These would be like common folders containing items, only that a given
script would be applied to all files copied to them.

Imagine that I want my wallpapers to be at the same size as my screen:
1280x800. However, all the walls that I download are at bigger sizes, so
I need to resize them one at a time, which can get really cumbersome.

With script folders I could create a folder named "1280x800", and linked
to a script used to resize images to that size. Any files copied to it
would be automatically resized AND stored in the folder.

How far is this feature from the current nautilus scripts implementation?

What do you think about it?