Re: Moving spellcheckers into the Gtk+ stack

On Dec 19, 2006, at 1:02 AM, Danilo Šegan wrote:

On Friday at 23:42, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:

Right, and the reason Epiphany can't *solely* use the language from the locale is that (as I understand it) the locale can refer to only one language. There is no way to say, for example, "I prefer reading stuff in Swiss German, but if that's not available, give me Swiss French or France French". It would be good if this list could be set system-wide.

Isn't this provided by LANGUAGE environment variable on GNU systems?

Oh cool, I didn't know about that. Now, anyone want to provide a GUI for it? ;-)

Cheers
--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/