Re: GNOME git repositories?

Hi

But of course if people are not willing to learn new things (and I
guess most people aren't), it's not going to work. Judging by some of
the comments with cvs vs. svn (where the syntax is pretty much
identical), it really seems so.
Yes, that is the fact of life. And I am not afraid to admit I am one
of those people (even though xorg moved to git, xkeyboard-config is
still CVS-based and it will remain so unless CVS repo is going to be
disbanded).

Please do not judge VCS by pure technical merits. Please remember that
first of all VCS has to be comfortable for people who would work with
it. SVN is comfortable for people with CVS background, this is most
important and IMHO killer argument.

Splitting GNOME between various VCSes is arguably the worst thing you
could do to GNOME. After you'd do this - say goodbye to the quality
translation and documentation. At least till you propose some reliable
solution which would hide the multiplicity of VCSes behind some
abstraction level (again, with minimal learning curve).

Just my 0.02.

Sergey