Re: Nautilus Unable to Preview GIMP Files with Hidden Background

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006, Steven Garrity wrote:

> Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 12:53:22 -0400
> From: Steven Garrity <stevelist silverorange com>
> To: Pat Suwalski <pat suwalski net>
> Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org,
>      Chris Spencer <gmane 20 evilspam spamgourmet com>
> Subject: Re: Nautilus Unable to Preview GIMP Files with Hidden Background
>
> Pat Suwalski wrote:
> > However, creating an image with two layers and toggling the background,
> > I cannot reproduce this. This is Gimp 2.2.10.
>
> Same deal here with nautilus-2.10.0-4 and gimp-2.2.10-0.fc4.1 - I can
> create an XCF file with and without the background layer hidden and both
>   seem to thumbnail ok.

I thought Nautilus didn't create any thumbnails for XCF but reused any
thumbnails already created by the GIMP.  (The gimp developers advise
against other programs implementing XCF.)  The images you are talking
about may not have a thumbnail already, in which case there isn't anything
Nautilus can do.

--
Alan H.