Re: My gnome does not work properly

Kpetermeni Siakor <ktoquoisiakor <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Dear Developer,  I installed Ubuntu linux version 5.1 but when ever I log in,
I receive the message: siakor was not fould. Please add this to
root/home/etc/host. Gnome will not work properly.  After this, it loads to my
desktop but most options under administrator do not work. How can I correct this
problem?

Are you sure it is "root/home/etc/host" and not "/etc/hosts"?

If it is the latter, then open /etc/hosts with an editor as root:
sudo gedit /etc/hosts

Then add "siakor" at the end of the line starting with 127.0.0.1
Save the file and restart Gnome.

Ciao,
  robepisc