Re: requesting official list of modules and versions for GNOME 2.14

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 12:55 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Until somebody sits down and does measurements to show
> that use of cairo in theme  engines is responsible for measurable
> slowdowns, this is just guesswork.

I haven't tried gtk-engines 2.7.x for a while, but after switching to
cairo enabled clearlooks, clearing a minefield in gnome-games'
minesweeper can be followed with my eyes at a resolution of 1280x1024x24
with a Matrox G400 or G550 on an Athlon XP 2600+. This looks like a big
slowdown to me. Though Matrox cards aren't super cards when it comes to
acceleration, they used to be the best cards around for desktop work.

I'm talking about a simple game with tons of widgets in a matrix (I play
mines at expert mode only), which is quite slow with cairo. Having a few
buttons and some scrollbars isn't really noticable I guess.