Re: File chooser button [was Re: Gnome-utils branched to gnome-2-14]

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Calum Benson wrote:

> Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 18:34:53 +0000
> From: Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM>
> To: Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie>
> Cc: federico ximian com, desktop-devel-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: File chooser button [was Re: Gnome-utils branched to
>     gnome-2-14]
>
> On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 17:10 +0000, Alan Horkan wrote:
>
> > I believe it was designed by Sun Microsystems so perhaps they can
> > elaborate on their design process and goals.
>
> Hmm, I don't have any recollection of that at all.  If there's any
> ChangeLog evidence to back up your belief, though, let me know and I'll
> go and rattle the appropriate cages. :)

Perhaps it was just the fact that the first mention I heard it was of it
was Gnome 2.6 shipped with Solaris (if I recall correctly).  .

I just dont want to be lumped with coming up with all the necessary
personas and use cases when I didn't design it.  With more information I
have a better chance of making positive contribution without wasting my
time or others. (And my time is limited 'cause I've a big ugly student
loan hanging over me like the sword of damocles.)

- Alan H.